The Senior Social Media Executive will be responsible for the overall growth and engagement of the boohoo social channels with a particular focus on TikTok and IG. The role works closely with brand, influencer, and PR teams to build best-in-class social campaigns and activations.
The primary focus of this integral social media role is to manage the execution of our social media strategy with a predominate focus on leading and developing our TikTok Growth Strategy to grow our video views, brand mentions and brand presence rapidly across the platform.
Reporting directly to the Senior Brand and Brand Manager, the senior social media executive will drive our social media team to be a brand leader across TikTok as well as build and creative a community across our IG platform.
Our ideal candidate is a social media obsessive with a strong understanding of social media and core marketing concepts, and someone who can develop creative ways to generate buzz and engaging content on social platforms. They will understand the nuances between the key social platforms with an ability to adjust content and tone-of-voice accordingly.
The role is carried out in support of the overall marketing strategy and goals. This involves closely liaising with the creative and brand team to ensure content is social-first and in keeping with our brand identity.
We’re boohoo, and we’re a brand on a mission. We want to be everything for fashion, for everyone. Customers count on us for the latest trends, collections and inspiration so they can have the wardrobe of their dreams. But we care about more than just fashion. We champion wellbeing and sustainability too. Dropping over 500 new products a week means our customers have choice, can look their best, feel confident and be empowered.
Marketers for the boohoo group have a reputation for being disruptors. We like that. When it comes to all things brand awareness and e-commerce, we’re not afraid to be brave. Each of our teams is the voice of their own brand, so we utilise creative campaigns, social media and influencer outreach, PR & Comms, and events. On the e-commerce side of things, we drive traffic to our online stores and generate sales through affiliate marketing, paid media, CRM and SEO. Everything goes towards achieving our mission to be a global fashion e-commerce leader.
What you will be doing
- Creating, planning, and delivering social media strategies across all social media channels, including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Act as the social content lead. This includes managing a social media executive and a social media assistant with social content production, as well as planning, shooting, and editing social media first, iPhone shot content on campaign shoots
- Working with the brand Manager, owning the social aspect of the overarching brand calendar
- Planning, production, and execution of all social activity with the support of the social media executive and social media assistant
- Working closely with wider marketing teams across SEO, creative and digital as well as product teams to ensure impactful and relevant social content to drive key KPI’s for each channel (video views, brand mentions, engagement, and follower growth)
- Creating and driving the social team to create on-trend, innovative content across our social channels that is relevant to our audience to increase social engagement
- Assist in managing social media agency who work directly with the team to support community management, TikTok shop and adhoc projects
- Support the team in overseeing weekly content shoots, TikTok content days and adhoc content creation at HQ
- Ensuring campaign, image and asset briefs are clear and succinct to ensure high quality image and video content is created at every opportunity
- Mentoring and managing the social media executive and social media assistant
- Creating social and trade reports which monitor weekly performance with recommendations and critiques to drive increased growth and success across channels
- Managing the day to day of the social media budget, ensuring spend it placed on the correct areas to excel the social media strategy
- A minimum of 4yrs experience working with a social platform, content/media agency Confidence to go out shoot and edit content on location, interact and interview subjects
- 1+ years’ experience of managing team members
- Know TikTok and Instagram from having created content personally, understanding how to build
- Highly organised and motivated with the ability to constantly multi-task
- Able to work independently with passion and energy
- Excellent time management, writing ability and attention to detail
- Fluent, clear and articulate in communication with the ability to convey interest and enthusiasm
- Forward innovative thinker- thinking differently, proposing & embracing courageous new ideas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Docs and Powerpoint and specific social listening tools – Dash Hudson, Tribe, Hypeauditor etc.
- Excellent social communication skills - able to build and maintain relationships
- Proficient understanding of Social Media in particular the commercial value social channels can drive as well as brand building
- Organised and process-driven approach to work
- Strong eye for imagery and video aesthetic
- Self-motivated, reliable, enthusiastic, happy to get involved in a variety of activities
- Team player able to work with teams across the business
- Required to travel to Events at our London Office Location, potential for international travel
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-ZB1 #marketing #strategy #LI-HYBRID