As Junior Buyer you will take ownership of buying your range with support of buyers to ensure the department strategy is fulfilled. You will need to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will bring creative ideals to further grow and develop the category.
For the team at PrettyLittleThing, that weekend-every-day feeling is a perk of working for us, and it’s the kind of vibe we’re all used to and expect. Our unique way of working speaks for itself: we work hard, and we play hard. Here at PLT, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
What you'll be doing
- Work the merchandising team on seasonal SWOT analysis and department lessons learnt.
- Be aware of department KPI’s including sub cat performance and manage the supply base to ensure the right product is in the right place.
- Have full understanding of department frameworks, spend and forecasts.
- Manage and contribute to product development, ensuring product is on trend and continually source new fabrics and prints.
- Be confident presenting in weekly sign off meetings, working with Assistant Buyers/Buyer to ensure product is relevant, on trend and within department frameworks.
- Manage the team to ensure OPO management is up to date and department critical dates are met.
- Manage product direction through fit comments and delegating to the team where necessary.
- Monitor new in product daily to ensure all details of each product are correct online.
- Build strong working relationships with garment techs, QC and compliance to ensure business standards are followed.
- Attend regular supplier meetings and any overseas trips/trade shows.
- Support with team management and development – you will be aware of team’s progression plans and action 6 monthly reviews.
- Fully understand trade – confident in presenting the category’s best and worst, and identify opportunities/concerns on cover, sales to stock and sell through suggesting trading solutions where necessary.
- Take part in weekly review of buying KPI’s such as BIM, return rates, cost price reductions, publishing and intake targets.
- Manage the team to ensure weekly comp shops are completed and presenting top line messages to management.
- Generate new creative ideas to better both the business and department.
- Work alongside design to support range development and to ensure trends are covered.
- Generate ideas to support department strategy through product, studio and VM.
Working with us
We don’t call ourselves the PLT family for nothing – you can feel the buzz and atmosphere as soon as you walk into the office. Creativity flows from person to person and across departments, helping us create the empowered movement of love, inclusion, equality and acceptance behind our brand. We encourage everyone to be themselves, and if you bring your best self to work every day, you truly have the power to make a difference and contribute to our brand's success.
More about you
As a Junior Buyer you will have a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will have excellent industry knowledge, be current and ahead at identifying trends and commercial wins for PLT.
Why join us
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% Staff Discount On All Boohoo Group Brands
- Free Onsite Gym + Free Classes (PLT)
- Flexible Working Hours + Late Start Early Finish Fridays
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our hybrid working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we’re continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Reasonable AdjustmentsPLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know
#PLT #LI-HYBRID #LI-CB1