The role – Buyer 12month FTC
Here at Pretty Little Thing, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. Regardless of race, gender, sexuality, style or budget – there’s something for everyone! We want our customers to feel confident in the way they dress and to embrace the way they look. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
What you'll be doing
- Accountable for all the day to day running’s of your department from product development through to delivery
- Working with merchandising to lead the department strategy in line with seasonal SWOT analysis and lessons learnt
- Working with merchandising to set frameworks at sub cat level in line with department forecasts
- Accountable for driving the department KPI’s to ensure department strategy is met
- Managing top line supplier relationships including capacity, hit rate, costings and lead times
- Accountable for the department critical path ensuring it is managed across the supply base from product development to delivery deadlines
- Overseas and directs product development to ensure all product signed off is on brand and trend relevant
- Accountable for weekly department sign offs to ensure all packs and product is up to standard to sign off with senior management
- Accountable for regular supplier meetings and any overseas trips/trade shows
- Continually sourcing and meeting new suppliers to benefit department strategy
- Uses leadership skills to support and motivate the team.
- In the absence of a senior is able to support top line level management.
- Accountable for teams relationships with garment techs, QC and compliance to ensure business standards are followed through the department
- Maintain and grow relationships with wider business functions including product, studio and VM, finance, warehouse and any other department where necessary
- A detailed understanding of all weekly and daily trade reports trading your category on a daily basis
- Reacting to weekly competitor activity on the back of comp shops presented by the teams
- Reviewing department KPI’s on a weekly basis to ensure targets and strategy is met
- Ownership of department product development
- Generating new creative ideas to better both the business and department
- Working alongside design team to ensure they are translating trends to be department relevant and in line with set frameworks
- Working with creative teams on any department specific campaigns in line with department and business strategy
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles.
More about you
- You juggle all your priorities effortlessly and never let the ball drop
- You are always coming up with new ideas and initiatives to make the department better
- Your always ahead at spotting trends and commercial wins for the business
- You can deliver all types of messages to the team and business clearly and effectively
- Your well respected in the team for your work, attitude and commitment
Why join us
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our smart working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we’re continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know.
#PLT #LI-HYBRID #LI-CB1