As a Junior Buyer you will be working closely with the Senior Buyers and Buying Manager to build the most successful ranges for Pretty Little Thing. In this role, you will be monitoring and maintaining stocks as per KPI’s set and manages open to buy accordingly & undertaking preparation for Far East trips, and works closely with the design team throughout the process to maintain effective communication and cooperation between the teams.
For the team at PrettyLittleThing, that weekend-every-day feeling is a perk of working for us, and it’s the kind of vibe we’re all used to and expect. Our unique way of working speaks for itself: we work hard, and we play hard. Here at PLT, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
As a Buying team, we want to give our incredible customers what they want, when they want it. We elevate our brands, travel the world seeking inspiration and build relationships with suppliers from all over the globe, so we stay at the top of our game. We elevate our brands, and our unique test and repeat model is the secret to our success. We’re the team to turn to for collaboration and bringing a product to life.
What you'll be doing
- Completes all processes with reference to daily/weekly sales, as well as longer term plans
- Monitors stock covers on single lines
- Reports and effectively communicates all key information in trading meeting to buyer and director level
- Generates ideas and suggestion to impact the business with reference to promotions and mark downs
- Provides SWOT analysis on designated categories every 6 weeks
- Develops basic understanding of WSSI by close cooperation with buyer and merchandising team
- Responds to competitor analysis
- Supports buyers with the development of more junior team members
- Supports senior buyers to develop new strategies for the business and department
- Completes buying trips as needed
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
As a Junior Buyer you will have a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will have excellent industry knowledge, be current and ahead at identifying trends and commercial wins for the brand.
- Experience working at Senior Assistant Buyer or existing Junior Buyer level within a retail sector
- Always looks to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
- Ability to look into the detail as well as the bigger picture, especially by working collaboratively as a team and being a team player at all costs.
- You juggle all your priorities effortlessly and never let the ball drop.
- You are always coming up with new ideas and initiatives to make the department better.
- Your always ahead at spotting trends and commercial wins for the business.
Why join us
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifices pension scheme with employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work