Reporting to the Head of Buying, you will be an experienced Senior Buyer with responsibility for a multimillion-pound product area to plan, source and develop. You will work collaboratively with Design & Merchandising to ensure range is the correct balance of new & contemporary products that meets sales, margin & profit objectives. You will manage & develop the junior team & support the wider division. Working closely with HOB / Director to deliver a robust sourcing & supply chain.
You will be part of a market leading buying team working in a very fast past and exciting environment. Working closely with buying, design and merch teams to make effective and commercially focused decisions at a very fast pace under the management and supervision of the Buying Manager & Head of Buying.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Work closely and maintain strong relationships with Merchandising and Design teams to develop a trend led product range overseen by the senior leadership team.
- Ensure relevant trends are translated into product range at speed to reflect the brand and customer.
- Maintain reactiveness and speed to market by working well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Maintain effective communication with category Buyers across the department.
- Attend and communication key information in trading meetings to maintain a good overall trading of the categories.
- Build and maintain good relationships with supply base.
- Generate ideas to impact the business in reference to promotions and markdowns.
- Train and develop your team.
- Support Buying Manager to develop new strategies for the business and department.
- Provide a high degree of input into product and competitor activity.
- Ensure the development process is smooth to maintain key deadlines.
- Maintain all aspects of the critical path with your Buyer to ensure deadlines for key dates and events are achieved.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you must love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- You will act as an ambassador for the brand.
- Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by direct manager or senior management, including Head of Human Resources.
- Assists colleagues by completing tasks outside own job role when requested, including supporting associated companies.
- Maintains own working area in a professional and organised manner.
- Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
WHY JOIN US
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Company share scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Late start, early Friday finish
- 4 x life assurance
- Free parking
- Free gym membership and classes on a daily basis including yoga, PT classes and sound relaxation
- Employee assistance programme including 24-hour confidential helpline
- 40% discount across 8 brands, 20% discount on Debenhams
- Discount portal
- Learning and development support and opportunities both internally and externally
- Payday drinks monthly and ad hoc events throughout the year
- As well as the great perks and benefits listed above upon joining you will also have access to several flexible benefits on our Reward Platform “Beyond” such as cycle to work, healthcare cash plan and technology loans
#LI-SP1 #buying #productmanagement #retail #supplychain